Landscape & Outdoors Work Placement Opportunity
Art Gene are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent person to work alongside us on the practical and outdoor elements of our programme as a Work Placement Volunteer. The role will be around 1 day per week on a voluntary basis, to support Art Gene’s projects connecting communities with landscape.
What is involved?
The Work Placement Volunteer will work alongside Art Gene’s Landscape Engagement Co-ordinator, Project Manager and Studio Assistant to deliver Art Gene’s programme. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills within community growing, outdoor events, and landscape engagement.
You will be an integral part of the team, helping to deliver community workshops maintaining the site at the Isle of Walney Community Growing Space, part of Art Gene’s Allotment Soup project which engages volunteers and community gardeners in sustainable growing and creative engagement work, and be part of Art Gene’s upcoming Extreme Views Events.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a young person (aged 18–25) looking to gain experience of working with landscape and with the community, however is open to all who feel they could gain useful experience in this role.
You will be required to work independently at times, using your own initiative. You will be given training in health and safety and aspects of sustainable gardening.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with practical tasks such as wood working, planting, gardening and maintaining the Community Growing Space
- Assisting to photograph workshops/activities
- Assisting with the set-up and tidy-up of events
- Meeting and greeting the community at workshops/events
- Assisting with facilitating activities on the day
- Be willing to do tasks as required for projects